12.21.2009

death cab for cutie


I think this is the right time to blog death cab for cutie, since i have made part of their lyrics as the name of my blog.

Death cab for cutie is one of the greatest, if not the best, lyrical bands out there, one of few which can easily get me high on words. I've never seen words combined in that unique, beautiful way; in such a way that the words seem to catch the echo of human hazy and blurry emotions that are only able to be felt, not to be said. Most of their lyrics are sad, but the words are so poetic and beautiful that being unhappy seems like a richer better way to live (i sound more freaky than i intended to).
and it is true what you said that i live like a hermit in my own head. but when the sun shines again i'll pull the curtains and blinds to let the lights in.
sorrow drips into your heart through a pinhole just like a faucet that leaks and there is comfort in the sound.
Listening to death cab's songs makes me crave for sky, fields, trees, winds and sun where I can sit alone, being in touch the vague part of human feelings. I can listen to one song over and over again and dwell in its words.

There are images of technicolor shape and haziness of beautiful and sad things in mind if you let the words leak into your soul. At nights when you're in bed and the world is calmer or when you're looking at the road moving fast by your window, death cab's song would be the second best to fill in the atmoshere after, well, silence.
a melody softly soaring through my atmosphere where the soul meets body
and i have no more words to describe death cab. maybe it's preeminent to just feel their songs.


photo by Andrew Paynter from here